At least seven people died of cholera in Zimbabwe over the past few days following the outbreak of the disease in Chikomba district and Chivhu in Mashonaland East province, local newspaper The Herald reported on Wednesday.
Health and Child Welfare Minister David Parirenyatwa said on Tuesday the cholera is under control with no more new cases reported.
He said the two health camps established in the affected areas to deal with the outbreak had been successful.
"The health camps have been successful and there are no increases in the number of those who died of the disease so far," said Parirenyatwa.
Zimbabwean health authorities have urged people in the affected areas to temporarily shelve plans to visit other parts of the country to stem the spread of diarrheal disease.