Palestinian militant groups they Sunday that they fired home-made rockets in the morning into southern Israel.
The military wing of the Fatah movement led by Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas and the Popular Resistance Committees (PRC) claimed their joint responsibility for the attack which they said targeted an Israeli settlement in the Negev.
The rocket attack came after Israeli artillery and airstrikes resumed shelling northern Gaza Strip on Sunday, which killed one Palestinian in Beit Laheiya town, according to medical sources.
Earlier in the morning, a Palestinian teenager was killed and another security officer was injured after an Israeli aircraft fired a missile at a homemade rockets launcher in northern Gaza Strip, witnesses said.
Last week, Israel announced temporary suspension of artillery shelling after misdirected missiles hit a house in northern Gaza town of Beit Hanoun, killing 19 civilians.
The barrage started again Sunday morning a few hours after the U.S. vetoed UN Security Council draft resolution designed to condemn the Israeli offensive in northern Gaza Strip.
Israeli Operation Autumn Clouds, unleashed in the beginning of this month, left more than 85 Palestinians dead. Israel announced the operation has ended but air and artillery strikes continued.
Meanwhile, sources from the Palestinian Health Ministry said an 18-year-old wounded died Sunday in an Israeli hospital. He was receiving treatment after he was critically wounded during the six- day Israeli incursion into Beit Hanoun town.