Located in Changchun, the capital city of Jilin Province, the Puppet Manchurian Palace Museum is a palace-relic museum built on the relics of the palace of Aisin Gioro Puyi , the last emperor of the Qing Dynasty (1644-1911), when he served as the puppet emperor of the Manchurian regime. It is one of the three great imperial palaces existing in China.
Because the regime was established by Japan to pursue colonial domination in northeast China, it was not recognized by Chinese government. This was why the word "puppet" was used.
The palace was divided into two parts: office area and living area. The architecture in the palace combines both western and Chinese styles. There are also a few gardens and a race-course in the palace. After the breakup of the regime in 1945, the buildings were destroyed, but later restored to their original appearance. The palace was open to the public in 1984.