Russian school children leave for visit to China
Russian students dance during a departure ceremony for a group of Russian children who are ready to spend their summer vacation in China, at the Ocean Children Center in Vladivostok, Russia, on July 30, 2010. A total of 499 Russians, 447 children and 52 teachers and staff workers, will leave Vladivostok on July 31 for China' capital of Beijing to spend their summer vacation there, under a reciprocal program for cultural exchange between China and Russia. (Xinhua/Lu Guodong)
A group of Russian children has left Vladivostok to spend their summer vacation in China, under a reciprocal program for cultural exchange between China and Russia.
A departure ceremony was held at the Ocean Children Center for the youngsters who will visit east China's Dalian and Qingdao from July 31 to Aug. 9.
The 450-person delegation will also take part in the international youth action called "World Flag."
The visit partly reciprocates Russia's reception of 1,573 children from southwest China's Sichuan Province after the region was devastated by an earthquake on May 12, 2008.
Altogether, 1,000 Russian children will spend their summer holiday in China in 2010 and 2011.
- Staff members watch a screen showing the blast-off of the Long March-2FT1 carrier rocket loaded with Tiangong-1 unmanned space lab module at Beijing Aerospace Control Center, Sept. 29, 2011. Commander-in-chief of China's manned space program Chang Wanquan announced Thursday night that the launch of Tiangong-1 space lab module was successful. (Xinhua/Wang Shen)
- Chinese President Hu Jintao watches the launch of Tiangong-1 space lab module at Beijing Aerospace Control Center in Beijing, capital of China, Sept. 29, 2011. Other members of the Standing Committee of the Political Bureau of the Communist Party of China (CPC) Central Committee, including Wu Bangguo, Jia Qinglin, Li Changchun, Xi Jinping, Li Keqiang and Zhou Yongkang, are also present. (Xinhua/Rao Aimin)
- The graphics shows the launch procedures of the carrier rocket of Tiangong-1 space lab module, Long March-2FT1 on Sept. 29, 2011. (Xinhua/Lu Zhe)
- Image taken from Beijing Aerospace Control Center shows a Long March-2FT1 carrier rocket loaded with Tiangong-1 unmanned space lab module blasting off from the launch pad at the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center in northwest China's Gansu Province, Sept. 29, 2011. (Xinhua)
- On Sept. 28, tourists travel around the Mingshashan Scenic Area in Dunhuang, Gansu province by camel. With the National Day vacation right around the corner, more and more tourists from home and abroad are going to Dunhuang. Riding on a camel, they travel in the desert to enjoy the cities rare form of natural scenery. (Xinhua/Zhang Weixian)
- Chinese forest armed forces work together with forest firefighters on Sept. 28. (Xinhua/Chai Liren)