MADRID, March 6 (Xinhua) -- Three people were injured after a fire and explosion in a Madrid hospital where Spanish King Juan Carlos is recovering after his recent back operation.
The incident happened at 7.50 a.m. local time (0650 GMT) when an oxygen container in the boiler room of the La Milagrosa clinic exploded, provoking a fire in which three people were slightly hurt after breathing in fumes.
The fire brigade quickly reached the scene with several fire engines. Some patients in rooms close to the boiler room had to be evacuated from the building and some needed treatment after suffering an attack of nerves.
The wing King Juan Carlos was staying in was unaffected by the explosion and the fire and the Royal Household has confirmed that Juan Carlos would remain in the hospital until at least the coming weekend.
Juan Carlos was admitted to hospital last Sunday to remove two distal hernias which had been discovered in a recent medical check-up.
Backstage of Ralph Lauren 2013 Fall collections
New York slammed with heavy snow
"Swan Lake" rehearsed in Mexico
Costumed revellers gather in Venice
People protest against DPRK's nuclear test
Chinese Lunar New Year celebrated around world