Edited and translated by Du Mingming, People's Daily Online
100 grams of white stalk of the green Chinese onion, 60 grams of rice, 5 slices of ginger, and 5 ml of rice vinegar.
1. Peel the green Chinese onion and wash it clean.
2. Cut the white stalk of the green Chinese onion into segments.
3. Wash the rice clean and soak in cold water for 30 minutes.
4. Put 1000 ml of cold water into the cooker, and add in rice.
5. Bring the water to a boil, add in green Chinese onion segments and vinegar.
6. Simmer for about 40 minutes.
Benefits: This congee helps prevent cold.