CHANGSHA, Sept. 12 (Xinhua) -- Fifty-two villagers were hospitalized due to food poisoning, local publicity authorities said Wednesday.
The villagers from Zhonglupu township of Xiangtan County in Hunan Province showed symptoms of nausea, vomitting or diarrhea on Tuesday after eating rice noodles from a local food processing workshop, sources with the county's publicity department said.
They were sent to local hospitals and doctors confirmed that they were suffering from food poisoning.
None of the villagers are in life-threatening conditions, and some have been discharged after being treated, sources said.
The owner of the workshop is in police custody, and an investigation into the case is underway.
News we recommend