JINAN, Oct. 10 (Xinhua) -- A German sailor poisoned by toxic gas was saved off east China's Shandong Province and airlifted to hospital on Wednesday.
Kevin Reissenweber, a 30-year-old sailor was poisoned by chlorine, when his Germany-registered container ship MAERST SARNIA was in the sea near the Qingdao City, according to the Beihai (North Sea) Rescue Squadron of China's Ministry of Transport.
A squadron helicopter reached the ship at 5:20pm and rushed the sailor to a hospital in Qingdao.
He received treatment both onboard the helicopter and in hospital, according to sources with the squadron, which is based in Shandong's Penglai City.
The sailor is now out of danger.
News we recommend